Friday, November 19, 2010

Enjoy the Silence...

...because it won't last.

I wanted to check in because a revival of Superheroes, etc. is coming.

I recently made a pledge, to no one but myself and for the benefit of no one other than myself, that I would update Superheroes, etc. 5 days a week for at least 6 months. I only put the "at least" because I've been so bad about keeping up a regular pace with this blog, and I want some kind of tangible goal. I've had some good luck in actually meeting goals this year, and I thought I'd try again.

The revival has already begun and is going strong, but you won't start seeing new content here until Monday, November 29th (the Monday after next).

Because of the usual hurdles of procrastination, laziness, and crisis, this time I've decided to start before I start; in other words, to have at least a couple of weeks worth of content written and ready to be posted before any of it actually is posted. I just put the finishing touches on the post scheduled to go up Friday, December 3rd. I'm sorely tempted, with a week's worth of posts done, to push the re-opening up a week to this coming Monday, but I think it's best if I wait. That's part of the reason why I'm making this announcement, actually. I figure if I post something it will hopefully ease the temptation to re-open early.

The new Superheroes, etc. is going to have three regular features. The first is called The Whole Story and will be posted on Tuesdays. The Whole Story will look at completed series - usually comics, though also some TV shows. On Wednesdays I'll have movie reviews (I don't have a clever name for this yet, don't know if it's necessary really). The Friday feature will be something I'm not going to mention just yet, but it's something I've wanted to do for a while. And those of you who know me at all probably won't be surprised about the subject matter.

Mondays and Thursdays will be for whatever. I want to have more structure, which is one of the reasons for the regular features, but I don't want to have too much structure. I want enough room to be able to say, "You know, I don't care about Power Man & Iron Fist today - I want to write about how I'm having issues with pooping."

There will be a lot of comic book and superhero related content, but I also hope to branch out as much as possible. There will be more autobiographical pieces (in fact the first post will be along these lines), and hopefully plenty of reviews that have nothing to do with comic books or superguys. I think I've only posted one book review the whole time I've been blogging and I'd like to change that. I'd also like to try my hand writing about video games. Overall, I wouldn't mind if people who know nothing about superheroes or supervillains could enjoy some of the content here (believe it or not, I do allow such people in my life).

So, see you soon. Hope you can stop by. Hulk bless.

No comments: